Subject: Re: [Leica] Another LC5 image -- the subtle eye
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:46:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/03 8:31:09 PM, mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net writes:

<< You are all totally mad...

Mike Quinn

 Afterswift wrote:

> This image requires a doubletake. When you first see the brick wall, you
> assume everything is symmetrical.
> The second glance shows the bricks do not line up. Then the diagonal of the
> vine comes in and unites the two brick areas. The lighting is even. The vine
> is
> true to nature. >>

Just describing what I see. What do you see in that image, Mike? I reckon it
all depends on experience. I grew up in NYC. For years I did street
photography there before I moved to the Northwest. The photo opportunities were not in
the huge structures or glitzy signs or even in the slum neighborhoods, but in
the small spaces among them. That's where I would find the a chess knight
guarding a gate. A Raggedy Ann doll adorning a cement mixer truck. An orange globe
setting like the sun lighting a subway entrance in downtown Brooklyn.

br