Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:34:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/03 7:45:44 PM, chmphoto@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< I have a G3, and my C2 program is set up to F/4, Manual Focus to about 8.5
ft which should give a zone from about 3 ft to forever. ISO 100, daylight
light balance, no flash. i.e. - no decisions left for the camera AFAIKT. It
still fells slower to respond than my F100 with full auto everything. And
the viewfinder is not great, to be polite. Still, I use it for 80% of what I
do (sumer, no pro). >>

That huge DOF is very useful, but please remember that any lens can only
focus on a single plane. Sharpness falls off before and after that plane. Which
explains why if you want to call attention to a particular image element it's a
good idea to focus on that element whatever camera you use. Somewhere down the
line you may need that definitive focus plane. Just one man's opinion.

br

Replies: Reply from "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> (Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is)