Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:29:45 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/03 9:22:12 PM, wlarsen@ocsnet.net writes:

<< This has to rank with one of the most meaningless statements

I have ever seen on the LUG or any other camera newsgroup.

Since the plane of focus is by definition the film plane,

groundglass, sensor plane, etc...what does this statement

have to do with anything meaningful?  Are you saying the

concept of hyperfocal focus is nonsense? >>

Bill,

The image is out there in front of the lens. You focus on some plane in that
image. You don't focus behind the lens because what happens behind the lens
depends on what's in front of it. You don't focus on the film plane because all
that's there is a piece of film or a sensor. Hold your fire up to the subject.
I shoot the subject. I don't know what you shoot. Photography isn't diagrams.

br

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is)