Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:00:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/03 9:49:38 PM, henningw@archiphoto.com writes:

<< Depth of field takes on a new meaning with digital cameras, and
becomes especially significant with their short focal lengths. Zone
focussing actually means now that a _ZONE_ is _IN FOCUS_, not just a
plane with some additional space before and behind in near focus.

It is a consequence of digitisation. >>
Henning,

I don't know enough about digital to dispute what you say. I reckon when we
get down to basic physics, we can't say that absolute focus is a knife edge
across an image mediated by the aperture and distance from the subject. We can
only define focus in relative terms. I believe that view is what you have in
mind. And I think it's correct.

br

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is)