Subject: Re: [Leica] god help me...but God isn't available right now, Jack
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:40:03 -0700

> Jack, God signed off the LUG about eight months ago and boy was he
> pissed.

probably because of all the heretical mixed-breed digitalizing he saw in
this Leica garden of eden turned Sodom and Gomorrah central.

> It seems like you are asking us to tell you what to buy.

not so... I am asking for opinions based on experience. I am hoping for
discourse on qualities felt to be inherent in the differing designs, or
likewise faults. I understand that individual lenses will possibly (likely)
deviate from the mean, but the mean still exists. You know... advice.

What I failed to do (and bad on me I admit) was to dig in the archives. I'll
do that tonight.

From what I gather from two other responders, and other private
correspondence, is that the "thin" tele-elmarit is a good place to start
given that it is 1.) good glass, 2.) smallish relative to the other
possibilities, and 3.) not a hyper-priced rarity.

I am not so arrogant (or deep in the pockets) that I am not anxious to take
advantage of good advice.

Thanks to y'all that generously provided it (this time, the past time(s),
and when I next ask for it!)

cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ