Subject: Re: [Leica] digitalrebel
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:08:39 -0500

><<  OK, a new M7 costs about $2700. Is it worth it? Probably not. But
>apparently it is to many who are buying them.  >>

I just bought an M7 new. Why? Because my work cameras go through a
hard life and in 3 years, I'll have more or less ammortized it.

I've already broken the first M7, it was replaced under warranty, and
chances are (given what my poor EOS-3 goes through), I'll most likely
end up going through at least one or two more bodies, or at least
need repairing.

I've noticed the magnesium+plastic body of my EOS-3 actually bounces
on hard surfaces, but the M7 doesn't.

The 3 year full replacement warrantee was what convinced me to go
with a new Leica body rather than a used one. But that's because it's
deductible for me. If I was just using it to put on my shelf as
exotic jewelry, I'd have bought a used M6.

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura