Subject: Re: [Leica] My kind of digital M camera - Ye Olde Time Macs
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:23:25 -0700 (PDT)

Any blues or jazz in that pile of '78s? I like Robert
Johnson, for one. And if there's a dusty old Garrard
301 transcription turntable taking up space in your
life, I might be able to help. And call me strange,
but I could still use those ancient Western Electric
300b power triode tubes.

LHSA membership? I just don't have the resources
(including closet space!) to take more than a casual
interest in the historical side of Leica. Nothing
against older gear, but what I really want is
something that'll improve my day-to-day shooting, and
a IIIF wasn't the ticket.

Here's a cool Macintosh computer where someone's taken
the idea of combining modern function with classic
form:

http://www.wired.com/news/gallery/0,2072,51231-3395~3394,00.html

(no plans to do this to my own SE/30 however-MacOS 9
and X aren't really my cup of sen-cha; I actually
prefer 7.1 in many ways)

With Leica on the other hand, whatever urge I might've
had to modernize an M2 or M3 kind of faded when the MP
arrived! It's just about exactly how I would've wanted
a modded M3 to be.

Jeff

>Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:26:55 -0400
>From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] My kind of digital M camera - Ye
>Olde Time Macs
>
>> 78 rpm records
>
>.......I have several collections of these from the
>1930s, 40s and 50s and no way to get them into the
hands >of appreciative owners.......