Subject: Re: [Leica] Hermes M7-- Is it real?
From: Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:13:54 -0500

Why does this "Hermes Edition" MP seem to bother everyone so? No one
is forced to buy it, no one who buys it is likely to use it, most
users will never even see one,so it will just wind up as a photo in
the next "XX Years of Leica Cameras in Color" book.

On the other hand, for essentially NO R&D costs whatsoever, Leica
will get a potential revenue stream that might trickle down to
development of some new products that might actually be interesting
to photographers.

I applaud the marketing geeks who dream up these goofy special
editions- they might actually help keep Leica alive as a real camera
company.

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American (and
in this case European and Asian) public.

Allen