Subject: [Leica] another JOF (was: what's in a name?)
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:21:07 -0400

i think i am a JOF also: when we were driving in ohio past an old
drive-in, my eyes grew misty as i explained to my kids how there
were thousands of drive-ins when i was their age.  i told them how you
drove in, rolled down your windows, and clipped on the speaker and settled
back to watch the feature through the bugs on your windshield, and how
back then a cupholder was a shallow indentation on the inside of your
glove compartment door.

i remember very vividly viewing such fare as "glass bottom boat",
"pinocchio in outer space" and "the singing nun" from the back seat
of our red rambler classic.

yours in JOFfing,

- -rei

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 08:50:03AM -0400, Don Dory wrote:

> As an aside, as a Jr old fart, I now look out for the old diners with
> their quirky food and sometimes bizarre help.  But then I'm not driving
> ten hours to spend six with a girlfriend anymore.
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com