Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica 90mm f/4.0 Elmar C prices
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:33:56 -0700

Jerry said:

>I have found that the Elmarit and Tele Elmarit are quite different in
>their performance at f2.8, with the Elmarit winning. These of course, are
>with the M lenses.  I know that you prefer the R, but I have no experience
>with the R Elmarit.

Me neither.  I had the Tele-Elmarit-M  (skinny or 2nd version on a CL) and
found it *very* satisfactory - even wide open.  I have no experience with
the 90 Elmarit-M, so I cannot draw any distinctions.

My only comment was that Slobodan had said he felt the T-E was "unusable"
at f2.8.  With this, I do not agree.  :)

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica 90mm f/4.0 Elmar C prices)