Subject: RE: [Leica] Shutter Speed Selector
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:10:29 -0400

Well, to some people it does mater, so let us answer Gary's question.

All M series Leicas through what is known as the "M-6 Classic" have
shutter speed dials which go from one second to 1/1000 second by turning
the dial clockwise...that is, clockwise while looking down at the top of
the dial with the lens pointed out.  In the M-6 TTL and the M-7, the
shutter speed dial was increased in size and the direction one turned
the dial was reversed so that one went from one second to 1/1000 second
by turning the dial anticlockwise.  Now, stick with me here.  With the
advent of the MP, Leica has gone back to the M-6 Classic and earlier
shutter speed dial size and configuration.

Some...maybe even many...people think that the dial configuration on the
M-6 TTL and M-7 was an improvement because the dial then turned in the
direction indicated by the finder arrows to arrive at the correct
exposure.  Some, maybe even many people...I included...do not feel that
this is important.  Everyone must judge this matter for her or himself.
The same goes for having two bodies in which the shutter speed dials
turn in opposite directions, a factor upon which I cannot comment since
I have never owned any body more advanced than an M-6 Classic.

	Buzz Hausner