Subject: [Leica] slightly on-topic?
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:05:44 -0400

LUGers:

Over the weekend, I purchased a $5 US camera at an antique shop locally. It
turned out to be a Minolta XG1 with 50/2.0 lens. The batteries were shot so
I replaced them with what I thought was a good match for the originals and
it works fine (even meters well). My question is, the batteries that were in
it were Union Carbide "LPX76" (I think) with no voltage on the outside. They
are the standard button size and it requires 2 of them. Were these mercury?
Also, were they 1.35V or 1.50V? The replacements I put in were 1.50V
alkalines.

OT- The shutter speed dial looks JUST like my CLE dial!

TIA

JB

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> ([Leica] PAW... a grave... dig it?)