Subject: Re: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:51:54 -0500

I think they have to return your camera right away if you tell them you do
not want them to perform work on your camera.  especially if they have not
started the repairs.

Gene

                      "Troy T. Heinzeroth"
                      <ttheinz@hotmail.com>               To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] camera held hostage!!!
                      -alto.ca.us

                      08/25/2003 11:21 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

I suggest everyone stays away from Mid-State Camera Repair in Chicago
Illinois. I brought an M4 in to be checked at 3:45 pm because the
rangefinder images did not line up correctly. They said it would be $185. I

said that was  steep, seing that DAG CLA'd the camera one year prior. They
told me it would cost $185 no matter what they did and I left it with them.

The next business day at 11 am I called and said I did not want the repair
to be done, I felt it was too steep a price for an alignment. They said too

bad, I agreed to the price and they would not give it back for two weeks,
cash only!!! Technically i suppose they have the right to do this, but
would
you want them to? To you and your Leica? Beware!!!