Subject: Re: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:19:09 -0400

Troy:

I would walk into that shop and ask for the camera in person. If they say
they've started work, tell them you called this morning to cancel the order
and demand to go into the shop area and inspect your camera. Tell them
Chicago Better Business Bureau does not permit such a scam nor will the
Illinois Attorney General Consumer Protection office like to hear the story.

I do not know Illinois law and I am shooting from the hip. But that is what
I would do if a shabby shop like that tried to flim-flam me.

Seth            LaK 9

P.S. With all respect to our fabulous friends, Don Goldberg, Sherry Krauter
and John Van Stelten, Marty Forscher was peerless, a one-of-a-kind. When I
bought my first M4 with the three Summicrons, I took the outfit to him to
check out. Cost me pennies but well worth it if it had cost much more. He
told me the DR 50mm example was a good lens, within tolerances, but he
thought I might find one with a bit less flare. I took it back to the camera
store; the owner called Leitz/NY (on Hudson Street at the time) and the
Leitz lens guru, Vince Fochtman, hand-picked one for me out of their
inventory. I still have it. Thirty-six years later, it is still a superb
lens and the DR is still my main user lens.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!)
Message from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!)