Subject: Re: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:53:16 -0700

Seth Rosner wrote:

> Troy:
>
> I would walk into that shop and ask for the camera in person. If they say
> they've started work, tell them you called this morning to cancel the order
><Snip>  I took it back to the camera
> store; the owner called Leitz/NY (on Hudson Street at the time) and the
> Leitz lens guru, Vince Fochtman, hand-picked one for me out of their
> inventory. I still have it. Thirty-six years later, it is still a superb
> lens and the DR is still my main user lens.
>
> --

Seth it's great when a repair human will go out for a long pass for you,
sticking his/her neck out on their time and so on…

It's their option of course. I get in moods when i except a little or
more extra or no deal.

But when is a deal a deal I think it's like chess or checkers when you
take you finger off it.

These guys have their time booked to do that job. They don't have to
time booked to go back and forth with customers.

How much?
$185
OK
See you next week.

The deal is done.

Of course I'm talking about a combination of what is legal in Portland
and what would seem to seem to be fair elsewhere.
IN Chicago of course what is fair and Legal is how fast can you pay off
the alderman. Then all is a go.

Seth I've had worse luck involving the BBB than you have. F When i
finally realized what a near joke theses guys are is when i joined.
Afraid i' m not big on them.

I am ALWAYS WITH my guard up when someone comes in becuae they are
disgruntled with someone else.

WHY are they disgruntled with this other deal I want to find out. Mostly
often I'm not feeling like I'm getting the whole UN chockpped and
clabbored story.

If the fella thinks money was bad over there he'll be saying bad stuff
about my money deal it's almost written by Charten Heston in Stereo
Styrofoam Todd AO.

Also the sad fact is we don't know Jack about Troy. On these other
Photojournalist deals he's got conspicuously zero info and maybe one
shot.

I think this whole thing is a hoax. A Hotmail hoax.

My only legal problem (ending in my favor decades ago) other than my
divorce last year was on this topic.
A professionals time. We don't always get the respect we desearve.  :)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!)