Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Cassettes and the New MP
From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:37:20 -0400

Negative, I have an M4-2 base plate which fits early M6's and MP except the long side of little hook bumps up against the inside of the chamber on the MP so the base can't close. I'm not sure if this is the case on the M6 classics or TTL.  The hook could be filed back, but then it probably wouldn't unlatch the catch on the cassette.  The thickness of the hook is what unlatches the cassette.  If the cassettes fit in the camera you could remove the hook on the base plate and just secure the cassette manually when you take it out.  But the point is moot as they say.  I'll still use the cassette with my m2.

Chris Saganich
http://www.saganich.com
http://www.leica-gallery.net/m2photos/index.html