Subject: Re: [Leica] IRC
From: "Mark S. Cohen" <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:10:58 -0700

Occasionally IRC servers "split" which means that one has left the
network but it is still up. You are trying to re-connect to the same
server and it doesn't know how to deal with you. The easiest thing to
do is log on with a modified nick *your_nick" or "your^nick" and wait
until the server re-syncs.

- -Mark