Subject: Re: [Leica] in the Pediatric ICU
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:42:33 -0700

Dr. Steve Barbour showed :

[Leica] in the Pediatric ICU
> life, and death, in the Pediatric ICU.
> > > http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-51109.html<<<

Hi Steve,
As much as I like "A" and felt it an interesting photograph, I didn't think
it was as strong as some other baby pictures we've seen from you. However,
when "B" came on screen it was an immediate recognition of what I and many
other parents and grand parents have seen.... the eye lashes wet with tears
and kind of stuck together as we've observed our own children or grand kids.
It's more story telling from that point alone.

And for me who's had contact with babies in your Phoenix Children's Hospital
I found it a very moving moment as I re-call some of the little people I saw
and photographed. So tiny, so helpless and no matter how one tries to brace
themselves against the emotions of seeing a sick child, it still sucks you
in and takes a lot of hard swallowing to get by without shedding a tear. I
lose it more often to tears than staying dry eyed.

You give us an entirely different perspective on life in the hospital. Keep
'em coming.
ted

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] in the Pediatric ICU)
Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] in the Pediatric ICU)