Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder magazine - great story by Tom A on Nikon and Leica R...
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:32:57 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/03 10:01:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sonc@sonc.com
writes:

> There is a Rangefinder magazine.  It has very little to now Leica content,
>  in the many years I've taken it.  It is slanted to professionals in the
>  portrait and commercial game.  Now heavily into digital.
>
>  Lots of studio profiles and such, and how-tos.
- ------------------------------
It's a present fact of life that pros are embracing digital, not because of
its quality but because it's cost effective in time and is cheap and easy to
edit in house.
By contrast, the general public may buy low cost digitals, but they use film
P&S cameras consistently. So a 'bifurcation' of the market is developing which
seems to indicate that digital may become a niche market. Everyone will own a
digital camera -- as they did a Polaroid -- but film will remain dominant.
The mfgs don't care as long as they do a lot of consumers business during
Christmas. Just one man's opinion.

br