Subject: Re: [Leica] Cotton Harvest Two
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:00:49 EDT

Mark,

I like the up front poster-like Jesus Christ is Lord/End of Season Sale.
Great irony. Clear as a sleigh bell in B&W.

When you use shadow in portraiture (not often enough) you tell the viewer
that there's more to this individual than what is visible. But what is visible
signifies what you think is the best that's in him.

Your arrangement of concentric plates becomes its own design. The simplicity
is masterful.

Your shots of Aldbourne is an evocative study of the countryside. Roof detail
has both humor and shows tradition. None of these shots leaves out the effect
people have on the landscape. In the Pacific Northwest, where I hang out, the
landscape is still visible in a prehistoric sense. But that scene is passing.

re: http://www.monomagic.co.uk

br