Subject: Re: [Leica] as OT as is possible: The commercialization of Western Culture rises to an even more absurd level
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:30:39 -0400

Subject: [Leica] as OT as is possible: The commercialization of Western
Culture rises to an even more absurd level

> I simply cannot believe it: Our local Walmart just put up a display of
> Christmas decorations...!!! It's August, and it's ~100F!
>
> I am trying to think of some way to photograph this travesty that
> illustrates the absurdity but am drawing a blank.
>
> sigh... It's August!
>
> Jack
> Tucson

Jack

The heat must be affecting your brain!  This is an easy one.  Find a
bleached blond babe with a great Arizona tan and an overdone boob job, and
put her in the tiniest bikini possible.  Take her and your Leica to the
store.  She'll have to wear regular clothes over the suit so you can make it
in the store without getting thrown out first.  Then using a wide angle lens
(24 or 35mm), have her stand in front of the Christmas stuff and remove her
regular clothes, making sure there are customers in the frame.  Shoot her
from the back or the side so you can get facial reactions from customers.
Bet they're more offended by the tiny bathing suit and big boobs than the
absurdity of the Christmas stuff in August.

Of course if you're really steamed by this whole thing, you could position
yourself near the Christmas stuff and proceed to disrobe and "streak" the
place, have the girl in the bikini take the photos, and have a third person
taking photos of the girl taking photos of you getting arrested.  Of course
you'll need two Leicas for this set up.

Gary

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] as OT as is possible: The commercialization of Western Culture rises to an even more absurd level)
Message from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] lagavullin)