Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal
From: Steve LeHuray <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:05:41 -0400

Eric Welch writes:

> Yeah, that's why AOL is in the toilet, and Time-Warner is doing much
> better. TV is a vast wasteland, with little worthwhile content.

Agreed! We are a "People Magazine" culture -- lowest common denominator
wins.

> And  National Geographic is going to spend their credibility, good will, and
> name figuring that out. Unfortunately it will probably be too late by
> the time the American viewing public figures out what a waste it is.

The American people will NEVER figure it out. The National Geographic TV is
following a model set up by the Discovery Channel, which is to provide the
flimsiest programming at the least possible cost on their 5 cable networks.

It is criminal how Discovery founder John Hendricks (yes I know John
personnaly) stabbed the viewing audience in the back. It is well known here
in Washington, DC (amongst those in the TV business) that the Discovery
Channel has some of the sleeziest business tactics in all of television.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal)
Reply from sonc@sonc.com (Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal)