Subject: [Leica] PAW 34 and 35 dlridings
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:22:05 +0200 (MEST)

Back from Dar es Salaam. I've processed some of the black and white ...
enough to catch up on the PAWs.

week 34
Water is scarce in Dar es Salaam. It's unusual to find running water in
most of the high-density areas. That's where I was staying and this was a
common sight.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2003/34.html
(M2 35mm Summicron, Agfa APX400)

week 35
An artist in Bagamoyo. Bagamoyo was the exit point for caravans from
inside Africa, usually transporting ivory and slaves. The slaves were then
"stored" in Zanzibar before being moved out to Maritius, the Arab world
and islands in the Indian Ocean. I have some more pictures from Bagamoyo,
but they are slides and I haven't gotten them back yet. They will come.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2003/35.html
(M2 90mm Summicron, Agfa APX 400)

Thanks for any remarks!

By the way, one way to get yourself killed in Dar es Salaam is to run
around taking street pictures.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl> (Re: [Leica] PAW 34 and 35 dlridings)