Subject: Re: [Leica] Michiel's PAW 32
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:05:05 EDT

My Youngest Daughter is an offbeat portrait that I'm sure will be her
favorite over the years. You've broken a lot of rules, but you had to. Part of the
kid's face is covered up by her hand. Her frazzled hat says a lot about her
informal nature. Her eyes see the world anew. You overcame the texture of her skin
by overexposing it. You emphasized a lightness in the face and in the
background. It's her kid's view of life as seamless and not bound by physical
constraints. If you planned this shot, you're a very smart photographer. Otherwise,
you're very lucky and so is that kid. And that first rate camera and lens made
it all come true.

br