Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V25 #212
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:44:47 +0100

Here in the UK used Leica stuff is as cheap as it I can remember. The
value of items is eroded when they are replaced, which is less often
with Leica stuff than others but 21 asph, 28 summicron, 90 apo asph, M7
and MP have reduced the resale value of the items they replaced. Other
Leica stuff is a bit cheaper than over the last few years too.
Leica is the only 35mm kit which is the same price here as the US,
other makes are much cheaper in the US but medium format dearer. (this
is general rather than a hard rule!)
Canon's 50 f1 for example is much more expensive (and bigger and
heavier) than a Noctilux.
Frank