Subject: RE: [Leica] PJ standards -- Like Caesar's wife - storage media for digital
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:46:04 -0600

> Tim,
>
> You really make me feel very inadequate.
> :-)
>
> - Phong
>
> Tim Atherton wrote:
>
> > > I meant "serious home use".
> > >

> > For me 4.7gb is only about 7 or 8 images....
> >
> > tim

I am scanning 8x10 Astia.... :-)

By the time I have one 48 bit scan @1200dpi, one version of that all
adjusted and spotted etc saved at 24 bit and then a version of that sized to
11x14 and sharpened using the Deadman's sharpening suite (11x14 is how I
like to print out a working print on my Epson 2200 to see how it looks),
that's a fair few MB per image...  between 800mb and 1gb depending on
whether I've compressed the files or not... :-)