Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
From: "Mark S. Cohen" <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:43:28 -0700

Every OS stinks.

They All crash, they ALL have security issues, get over it.

Yes, Bill Gates is Satan Spawn, but then again, so is Steve Jobs.

There are a TON of OSs out there to play with, be it Linux, *BSD,
Plan9, Solaris (X86/Sparc), Windows, CP/M, or VAX/VMS.

What it comes down to is what is comfortable for you, what type of
person _you_ are.. If you like to tinker and learn go with a unix
variant.. If you like to have everything handed to you on a silver
platter, go with M$.. If you like to have things easy, get a mac.

If you don't like any of them, write your own. (Just don't use SCO's
code)

I have a running copy of all of the OS's listed above. (And some that
aren't listed)

I work for a competitor of Google. (Though use Google on an minutely
basis, just about.)

- -Mark