Subject: Re: [Leica] New photos/Arbus/Sontag
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:45:50 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/03 9:08:43 AM, tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

<< And it is with this, that I sometimes come down hard fisted about what I

consider "photographic drivel" by so called experts who are not experienced

photographers.

Which in reading Sontag's nonsense has nothing to do with being a real

working photojournalist. >>

I read Sontag as part of a dialogue.  She makes claims, asks questions and
then from that comes a greater understanding of what photographers do
intentionally or otherwise.  I see nothing wrong with this.  As a matter of fact, that's
ideally what critiques about photography are partially about.

 And even though she is an experienced photographer Susan certainly has been
around, casually and even intimately, with a few experienced, professional
photographers.

- -kim