Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Camera held hostage
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:54:05 -0500

Ouch!!

If I remember right, they cannot exceed the estimate unless you authorize
the repair for the amount above the estimate.  they have to ask you to do
any repairs which exceed the estimate.  how about it LUG Lawyers?

Gene

                      Afterswift@aol.com
                      Sent by:                            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  Re: [Leica] Re:Camera held hostage

                      09/03/2003 02:32 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

In a message dated 9/3/03 12:28:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ttheinz@hotmail.com writes:

> The bad news is the bill is $585. I wanted the camera back when they said

>  $185 plus parts for a rangefinder adjustment. Now the repair is three
times
>  as much. Remember this if you ever deal with Mid State Camera in Chicago

or
>  run across the Osetinski brothers!!!!!Beware!!!!
And you didn't notify the Better Business Bureau and the State office that
handles these boondoggles?

br