Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting in the middle of nowhere...
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:13:34 +0100

Feli,

why would you need and XPAN as well as 2 M bodies and an R body (with
lenses?).  This seems like overkill to me, not just in terms of space but
also weight.  It sounds like you will be humping this stuff around all day,
so any weight saving will be appreciated.

The XPAN is a rangefinder so could double-up as an M substitute and give you
the panoramic option (which will burn more film BTW).

Also, Tina wrote:
 "I use masking tape to tape each
film leader down.  The masking tape is later used to label each roll."

it just goes to show how the best ideas are their simplest.  I've been using
masking tape on the bottom plate of my Ms to act as a film reminder - but
I'd never thought of using it for the cassettes.  Brilliant!

Mark Pope
Swindon Wilts, UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk
http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope