Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting in the middle of nowhere...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:43:53 -0400

At 03:48 PM 9/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Tina. My main concern is space, since I would have to carry
>everything I need
>to live in my backpack.  Do you take your rolls out of the plastic cans
>and store them in
>tupperware boxes to save space? Recently I saw a watertight lexan storage
>box in a
>camping store. It looked perfect for storing 50 to 100 rolls of ilm that
>had been taken out of
>tir plastic cans.
>
>feli

Feli -

I do take everything out of the plastic cans and I used to keep them in
Tupperware boxes that held about 12 rolls, but even that is overkill.  If I
know that I will be in canoes or very wet conditions, I use SealLine dry
bags (otherwise, Ziplock bags are fine).  I use masking tape to tape each
film leader down.  The masking tape is later used to label each roll.  I
can fit 100 rolls in each dry bag and they are transparent so, if you are
lucky, you can pass them around the x-ray machines.  The dry bags are
wonderful for film, clothes, anything else that you want to keep dry.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

HPI Photos:  http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/folder-5282.html