Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Re: Metric system
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:34:12 -0700

On 2003-09-04 leicajh@earthlink.net (James Harrison) thoughtfully wrote:

>How do they say "we surrender"!  in modern French?

In talking with COs of several USN vessels who have operated in the Persian Gulf
and the Arabian Sea over the past 10 years I can say that having the French at
your back ready for action and support gave EVERYONE a good feeling. On the high
seas they are damn good allies, ready, willing, and always able.

Adam

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: RE: [Leica] Re: Metric system)