Subject: Re: [Leica] re: gun balderdash & photos - Stalin and the Long March, (also Ancient Astronomy)
From: "John Evensta" <jevensta@plateautel.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:35:56 -0600

Jack:

That is of course true if it includes tolerance, evenhandedness, and freedom
of choice.  I can even understand mistrust and suspicion of alien traditions
and cultures.  On this continent there have been differences of opinion
between the descendants of two great seafaring traditions, the Bretons and
the Britons.  But in China there seems to have been an abrupt dislocation
from even their own rich cultural and religious traditions.

This is obviously off-topic, and Phong and others have covered it in more
detail than I can.  (I also should have spelled the word "predominantly" and
not "predominately".)

John