Subject: Re: [Leica] Mac vs. Windows - way OT
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:02:48 -0700

There are some OS9 apps that don't run so well in OS X's classic mode.
His iMac can still run OS 9 when he needs those. You can't expect to
not have some bumps in the road going from an old proprietary Mac OS to
UNIX. Their efforts at compatibility is pretty amazing. There were
similar bumps running applications in Windows NT and Windows 2000 when
they first came out. Smart developers moved to the new OSs. Same is
happening on OS X.

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 12:34  AM, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> Then why do I find System X so sticky and wild on my brother's iMac?
> Is it
> that it won't seamlessly run System 9 applications?

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco. - Will Rogers.