Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Equipment
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:45:21 -0400

In a world that thinks "pro" means big honkin' Canon and Nikon SLR's with big
honkin' zooms, an M series isn't going to be perceived by many as the expensive
instrument that it is.  Unless they can read the words "Leica" (and even then),
many would think of it as some sort of p&s.

I'm not saying that some thieves aren't sophisticated, just that most aren't, and
likely wouldn't look at a Leica any more than they'd look at a Sony digital - in
fact the Sony would likely be more familiar and therefore desirable.

That being said (and Toronto, despite some rough sections, ain't no NYC), I usually
walk around with one hand firmly grasping my CL - no use taking chances...

cheers,
frank