Subject: [Leica] LC5 wide Attachment
From: "Neal Friedenthal" <neal@nairobisafari.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 18:18:19 -0400

For any of the LC5 or Digi 1 users who might have been thinking about the wide angle attachment and wondered what the results would be like.
I got one today and am very pleased with it. This is the Panasonic attachment with .8 magnification which gives the equivalent of about a 26mm lens.

http://photoneal.com/photos/misc/tn/lant1.jpg.html

At extreme magnification there is a bit of coma in the lower left corner where the white chair meets the dark background. this is visible in the full file
and is well within acceptable limits, it is not visible in an 8x10 print.

http://photoneal.com/photos/misc/tn/1owa.jpg.html

Shot in shadow at wider lens opening still very acceptable.

All in all I think it is well worth the price for the results.

Neal F