Subject: [Leica] Buying a used M2 - What to look out for?
From: "Justin Low" <space@byvoid.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 22:49:15 +0800

Hello all,

If I am able to handle a M2 before deciding to buy it, what should I
look out for?

I mean, like beyond the obvious no bullet holes or huge dents or cracked
glass, or more likely the smoothness of all the levers and buttons, what
else should one pay attention to? I would be a first time buyer, so any
advice would be most appreciated.

I know that the M2 is an old camera, as many of you have pointed out in
response to one of my previous postings, but I think I have a really
good deal (of course, subject to the condition of the camera) here.

One last question (which may sound silly), but does one have to trim
film leaders like for old screwmount Leicas to use it in the M2?

Thanks in advance,

Justin Low
justin@justinlow.com

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Buying a used M2 - What to look out for?)