Subject: RE: [Leica] Buying a used M2 - What to look out for?
From: "Justin Low" <space@byvoid.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 01:16:36 +0800

Thanks for the help! The seller is a private individual, but hopefully
he can provide me with an evaluation period.

He said that the camera underwent a CLA, but didn't give more details
than that. I've asked him for more information.

I think it is an early vintage, as he mentioned that there was no self
timer, and that it was a button rewind (the button stays down though).
Is there anything particular about this vintage of M2?

I'm not sure if it's inappropriate, but what the heck. I haven't seen
the camera yet, but the description says that it's working properly
(accurately), it's been through a recent CLA. The sale also includes a
late model Summicron 50mm f/2 (I believe this is the model before the
telescoping hood, S/No. 298xxxxxx). Both in user condition. The price is
~US$1100 for the set. Is it a good deal, assuming everything is as
described?

Regards,

Justin Low
justin@justinlow.com