Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 3 with the Noct.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 06:24:34 -0700

Feli di Giorgio wrote:

> Mark, what are you talking about?? (besides the fact that I can hardly
> decipher what you wrote.)
>
> I didn't say that the DR was inferior than the Noctilux, nor the other
> way around.
>
> I said that I was pleased to see that the MYTH of the Noct being weak
> when stopped down is FALSE. I was a using the DR as a benchmark,
> because I think it's a really good lens and in my opinion the Noct
> performed on par.
>
> But  I also feel that the current Cron for my R looks crisper than the
> DR. That's my personal opinion, based on shooting hundreds of rolls
> with both of them over the last 4 years. It's not the gospel, just my
> personal opinion.
>
> I don't recall me making anything but a personal observation based on
> looking at  prints and scans, nor did I claim to be some lens expert.
><Snip>

 Feli I didn't think you were making claims about your abilities it is I
and the world who think you are an expert. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt
it. More of a chance me being wrong on MIS reading the bulk of your
post. So let me figure it out. Sorry.

Some of these things though were not stated as they were your personal
opinions. They were stated as if they were facts. Known facts.

I think.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com