Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying a used M2 - What to look out for? More on Penn Camera
From: Steve LeHuray <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:52:58 -0400

> Steve et al,
>
> correct, their website sucks, it is only to provide contact info.

Patrick -- I must ad that I have done very, very well with my Leica/Rollie
purchases at Penn Camera. They are good people to deal with.

> There are plenty of places I would go to before using Penn for used
> Leica gear, e.g. photovillage.com, don chatterton, KEH, etc.

I agree with that and the little experience that I have with buying from web
dealers has been mostly positive.

> I find that above dealers are honest and straigh forward, however, one
> does pay a premium uing their services.
>
> If I were looking for a M2 specifically I wouldn't hesitate to buy one
> on photo.net or eBay from a person with good feedback and negotiate a
> Money Back Guarantee deal.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

I really do not buy that much camera gear and when I do I prefer to do it in
person.

Regards,

sl