Subject: Re: [Leica] E6@home [was: Rant: another screw up by New Lab...
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:16:15 -0400

The Jobo will indeed bring the solutions up to temperature, but I don't
think the analog control on the CPE2 is all that precise.  So I verify
the solution temperatures separately just for my own peace of mind.  I
switched to a mercury thermometer after I discovered that the alcohol
fill thermometer I had been using was reading several degrees lower
than the actual temperature with the result that black and white film
came out reticulated due to the colder wash water and slide film had a
strong magenta cast.  I also use the mercury thermometer as a check
against the dial thermometer on the faucet I use for wash water.

As for getting the solutions up to temperature quickly, I fill the Jobo
trough with water at about 95 degrees Fahrenheit, then let the
processor bring both the water bath and the chemistry up to 100
degrees.  The material of which the Jobo bottles are made does a good
job of conducting heat.

Roy