Subject: RE: [Leica] New Large Format list
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:19:14 -0600

> Do you have an URL, or subscription info ?

Doh

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/

> What's the scoop with greenspun.com vs photo.net ?
> Since P. Greenspun started photo.net, I thought
> they are in collaboration, no ?

I can't remember the ins and outs. but yes he did, but at some point handed
over a controlling interest to another entity. After that, while he was
travelling the country in his Winnebago/plane, he allowed the existing
forums on greenspun to keep going in their usual independent mode. But I
think at that point the new photo.net people were still maintaining
Greenspun for him. At some point they said they wouldn't do it any more, but
we'll happily take over the forums. He was travelling to much to maintain
things, and basically said okay, if they can't find a home. The LF list
didn't get organised in time (+ lots of miscommunications) to find a new
home and so moved over somewhat against it's will. As a did a couple of
other forums. Most on the LF Forum weren't that  happy with photo.net on the
whole - but it took this long to organize a new home. Something like that
anyway...

tim