Subject: Re: [Leica] white spots on Tri X and Xtol
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@pix-that-stimulate.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:38:32 +0200

> I need some help on the following. Recently I have been getting very
> small spots on my Tri X ( the new one ) developed in Xtol 1:3
>
> Using developer from the same container, Delta 100 was fine. I kept the
> processing technique as similar as I could in both cases , and it's the
> same as what I have been doing all this while without problems.
>
> Could it be bubbles resulting in uneven development?
>
> Rgds
> Roland
> Singapore

Roland,

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one having this problem. I have the same problem with TMZ. I changed water (using distilled water only), stop bath (tried: water, acetic acid...), different fixing baths... nothing changed. Even when changing XTol batches.

Maybe we could find a common thing in our dev. methods that could lead us to the origin of this ugly phenomenon...

Tarek

Tarek Charara
site: http://www.pix-that-stimulate.com
expo: http://www.orients-unis.net