Subject: Re: [Leica] white spots on Tri X and Xtol
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:32:59 -0700

Tarek Charara wrote:

> > I need some help on the following. Recently I have been getting very
> > small spots on my Tri X ( the new one ) developed in Xtol 1:3
> >
> > Using developer from the same container, Delta 100 was fine. I kept the
> > processing technique as similar as I could in both cases , and it's the
> > same as what I have been doing all this while without problems.
> >
> > Could it be bubbles resulting in uneven development?
> >
> > Rgds
> > Roland
> > Singapore
>
> Roland,

I presoak. Got it from learning E4 the pre curser to E6 using Wet Dev
Tek's for tubes.
Presoaking then became as natural as taking a shower my bathtub stinks.

T-Max tried to get me to stop. I failed. Things screwed up. Gremlins came.
I presoaked. They went away.
Then other reasons. Always came back. OUT DARN SPOT. RUN SPOT RUN!

Stick to presoaking. You'll live longer and more fulfilling lives.

I presoak before I go anywhere.
I went to a Shrink* and he says to me he says "How can I help you?"
I says "I don't need you today I presoaked!!!
Maybe next week I'll remember to come here DRY!!!"

What did Mel Brooks say?  "I'd rather eat a rotten Nectarine then a RIPE PEACH!!"
You know the sound of one hand clapping.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com