Subject: Re: [Leica] Grey Paint Leica M4?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:39:34 -0600

I checked all my books and cannot find any reference to grey paint M4s
- -- olive painted I can find along with the "ubiquitous" bp :-). Not
even in Giunta, who does list an amazing number of other anomalies. If
you look at the pictures, you can see that the advance lever, the
baseplate, release guard, etc are all wrong. Even more glaring is the
use of an early M2 frameline illumination window. The screws on the
accessory shoe show marks of a ham-fisted assembly so my money is on a
privately cobbled together special.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Grey Paint Leica M4?)