Subject: Re: [Leica] Grey Paint Leica M4?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:01:02 -0700

John Collier wrote:

> I checked all my books and cannot find any reference to grey paint M4s
> -- olive painted I can find along with the "ubiquitous" bp :-). Not
> even in Giunta, who does list an amazing number of other anomalies. If
> you look at the pictures, you can see that the advance lever, the
> baseplate, release guard, etc are all wrong. Even more glaring is the
> use of an early M2 frameline illumination window. The screws on the
> accessory shoe show marks of a ham-fisted assembly so my money is on a
> privately cobbled together special.
>
> John Collier
>
> On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 11:17 AM, gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca wrote:
>
> > Sold yesterday on the 'Bay. See item no. 2950402835.
> >
> > Did Leica really make grey painted M4's?
>
> --
IF there was any armed conflict that Germany was slightly involved in
during it's production my bet would be yes. There's almost always a war
being put on. And we all get invited. Then we get the grey cameras. I
think they could be made now. Others don't think so. Other colors and
finishes are thought to have more appeal. I think flat dead navy grey
would be killer in more ways then one and make LHSA or someone a
****load of cold hard presidents.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com