Subject: [Leica] Re:Digital M
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:23:11 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/03 1:43:37 AM, Phong writes:

<< Try these, if you can't navigate around.  [He signed

his name Gregoire, not Greg]

http://users.skynet.be/fa420324/pages/overview.htm

http://users.skynet.be/fa420324/pages/flapback.htm

http://users.skynet.be/fa420324/pages/botpart.htm

http://users.skynet.be/fa420324/pages/internalbotpart.htm

http://users.skynet.be/fa420324/pages/menu.htm

Gregoire has a nice conceptual idea for an M back/baseplate for the Leica M.
Don't knock it. It's better than anything Leica has done, or at least
publicised. As far as the web site goes, using Explorer 5 on my Mac, I was unable to
advance between succesive pages and had to sequentially load the URLs given by
Phong. The small type was also hard to read., particularly in the option chart
on the last page. It would be better to redo the type in a simple black
textface if the site is revised.

If made one of these, I would probably buy it. Hear that Leica? Why not
simply do a web survey of Leica owners and test the strength of the potential
market?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Re:Digital M)
Reply from Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> (Re: [Leica] Re:Digital M)