Subject: Re: [Leica] new leica-M lens news
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:59:02 -0700

Steve Unsworth wrote:

> Now an _f2_ 75 would get me _very_ interested - 35/75 travelling kit.
>
> Steve

They already have a 1.4 and refuse to mess with it for partially good
reason. It's a REAL rare classic you have to drive a purple Saab to own
one.
Ah to Asph it on a bagel! It's too darn big and Cosina has shown us with
way with their very compact 2.5 75 which i'm sure sold like hotcakes to
the hotcake eating suckers (sorry) i don't like the looks of the thing
and I've seen some 8x10's which looked chalky but who knows.
All i know is I'm not into the Leica biz to not Leica what's in front of
my Leica. With exceptions. And that's not one of them. Let Leica take on
Cosina and make more use of those intrusive 75 framelines which
otherwise for 99.999999% of everybody gets in the way of your 50mm
composing other then showing what they'd probably crop it too anyway
.
Actuary they do show the digital equivalent if its 1.5 so if that's what
you are shooting with your other camera; Digital; then you know what you
are getting with your Nikon/Canon 50 since it's acting like a 75.
A 75 not being a lens Nikon/Canon makes exactly they make 85's a fave of
mine but is the beginning and ending of soooo many zoooooms.
I can dig.it. While zooming. Who needs expensive sneakers?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com