Subject: quality (was: Re: [Leica] Now Departing...)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 07:13:07 -0700

on 9/21/03 6:15 AM, frank theriault at knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca wrote:

> The public knows what quality is when they see it.  They simply have to be
> exposed to it, that's all.  And I'm not talking about "educating the
> unwashed masses" or anything like that.  Just let them see something that's
> good.

Another example (adding to the excellent ones you provided) was last
Thursday on Hawk Hill.  Another photographer was there with an N80 and Sigma
400mm f/5.6 AF lens.  I let him try my SL and 400mm Telyt and the look on
his face was priceless.  Eyes bugging out, he asked "what's the aperture of
this lens?".  Upon informing him it was f/6.8, he made several remarks about
the exceptional viewfinder brightness.  BTW the AF on his rig fails and
hunts often enough that he normally leaves it in MF.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com