Subject: Re: [Leica] FOCUS GROUPS for LEICA/ HERMES
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:09:27 -0700

Oh please..... "Oriental" hardly equates with the other nasty slurs you
referenced, and inferring (if thats what you did), that I would use or
condone those universally loathed terms based on my response is way over the
top.  "Oriental" may not be as modern or accurate as "Asian", but it is
hardly inherently a slur or derogatory.  We have at worst a generation gap
here. There was nothing in the context of the earlier post to assume
otherwise.

And for the record, I have no problem at all being referred to as an
"Occidental".....

lighten up

Is the luxury train "Orient Express" still running?

cheers

Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ